Edie: Freeze! Austin?
不许动。奥斯丁?
Austin: Hey, Aunt Edie.
你好,伊迪姑姑。
Austin: Anyway, Mom just got back from a cruise to Jamaica with new boobs and a twenty-four-year-old cabin boy.
总之,妈妈从牙买加旅行回来之后,不但隆了胸,还带回个24岁的客舱服务生。
Austin: Needless to say, me and Mr. 'Can I get you some more hot towels,' we didn't exactly hit it off. So, after I broke his nose, I figured it was time to come visit my favorite aunt.
毫无疑问,我和那个递热毛巾的服务生处得不太好,打断了他的鼻梁骨之后,我就想,该去看望我心爱的姑姑了。
Edie: Your Mom always did have lousy taste in men.
你妈妈对男人总那么没品位。
Austin: So, I figured I'd crash here for the night. Then hitch down to Mexico. Hang out, party.
所以,我突然深夜造访,然后搭便车去墨西哥,去参加狂欢派对。
Edie: Yeah, I'm thinking, like, no way in hell. You're gonna stay here with me until things blow over with your mom, okay?
可是,我想,没门,你老老实实给我呆在这儿,直到你妈妈肯原谅你为止,好吗?
Austin: Cool, thanks.
那好,谢谢。
Edie: Oh, wait. You're eighteen, right?
等等,你有18岁了吗?
Austin: Well, that's what my ID says.
我身份证上是这么写的。
Edie: Yeah, mine too.
我年轻时也这么干过。
Gabrielle: Hey. You are supposed to be on bed rest!
赶快回床躺下。
Xiao-Mei: I'm bored!
我无聊透了。
Gabrielle: Well, why don't you try putting on a pair of pants? That should kill a couple of hours.
那就试着穿条裤子,那够你忙乎几个小时了。
Carlos: Hey, babe. Hey, what's she doing out of bed? That can't be good for her.
亲爱的,她怎么下床了。这对她不好。
Gabrielle: Or the stairs. What do you want?
对楼梯也不好。你来干嘛?
Carlos: The mediator was right. A month from now we're not just gonna be Carlos and Gaby, we're going to be Mom and Dad. And I don't want to be at war with the mother of my child. So here.
调解人说得对,一个月后,我们不单是卡洛斯和加布了,我们将为人父母了。我可不想和我孩子的母亲为敌,给你。
Gabrielle: Your mama's pearls? Carlos! Thank you.
你妈妈的珍珠项链,卡洛斯,谢谢你。
Carlos: And?
还有呢?
Gabrielle: And what?
还有什么?
Carlos: Wouldn't you like to make some reciprocal gesture?
你不表示一下吗?
Gabrielle: Fine. You can come to Bree's wedding reception, as my guest.
那好,你可以出席布里的婚宴,受我之邀。
Carlos: Thanks. Where is it?
谢谢,在哪里?
Gabrielle: Here.
这儿。
Carlos: Here. You're throwing the reception?
这里。你要在这里举行婚宴吗?
Gabrielle: Yeah. That's our wedding present to Bree.
这也是我们送给布里的结婚礼物。
Carlos: So I give you a priceless family heirloom, and in return, you invite me to party at my house that I'm paying for?
我送你一件价值连城的传家之宝,然后你邀请我回自己的家参加一场由我掏钱的宴会作为回报?
Gabrielle: Well, what kind of gesture did you have in mind?
那你想要怎样的表示?
Gabrielle: Things I'll do for jewelry.
为这首饰我才出卖色相的。
- Needless to say不用说,毋庸置疑
- hit it off=To get along well together. 处得来,关系融洽
- have lousy taste in品味很差
- crash 就是暂住;凑合睡一晚 crash here for the night
- Can I crash for the night on your sofa?
- 我能不能在你家沙发上凑合一晚上?
- hitch v.搭便车,免费搭车
- blow over 平息,烟消云散
- That should kill a couple of hours.
- kill v. 做某事打发时间,消磨时光
- Wouldn't you like to make some reciprocal gesture?你不表示一下吗?
- reciprocal 互惠的;相应的